- To impart an invaluable Chinese Cultural heritage to your child.
- To develop agility, elegance and fluidity in your child’s body movements.
- To build up your child’s confidence in stage performance.
- To train your child in the dance techniques, rhythm, and music from the syllabus of the Beijing Chinese Dance Academy.
- To develop movement in your child’s waist, legs, arms, and various joints of the body.
- To teach your child different dance items from simple to complex.
- Awarded a scholarship to pursue Chinese Dance and Ballet in Hong Kong.
- A full-time professional dance instructor with many years of experience.
- Many of her works have been awarded Gold in the Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging of Dance.
- 1000-1100 (Level 1 & Above)
- 1100-1200 (P1 – P3 Beginner)
Badminton helps to develop all-rounded fitness. The sport strengthens your child’s legs, arms, wrists, and improves the flexibility of their trunk, back and shoulders. Our program comprises of two levels, the Beginner and Advanced Levels. Those who wish to join the Badminton class for the first time will have to enrol for the Beginner level. It is thereafter that trainees who have improved may be selected to the Advanced Level class at anytime. Our Beginner Level will focus on improving your child’s basic skill, while our Advanced Level will emphasize more on competitive training and a higher intensity workout. Outstanding students may qualify for the Nan Chiau Badminton School Team.
Instructor: Mr. Abdul Hamid Khan
- International Olympic Council Level 3 Coaching Certificate.
- NCAP Level 3 Technical Coaching Certificate.
- SBA Director of Coaching.
- National Singles Champion and Doubles Champion (1985-1995).
- Represented the Singapore National team in the Barcelona Olympics (1992), Thomas Cup (1986-1996) and SEA Games (1983-1993).
- 0830-1000 (Beginner)
- 1000-1130 (Advanced)
- 1130-1300 (Advanced)
- Develop your child’s grace with an emphasis on flowing, precise movements and ethereal qualities.
- Improve your child’s flexibility and help them build strength in their legs and abdomen.
- Recruit new talent for the Nan Chiau Primary school team.
- Lay strong foundation on solid dance training, which includes bar work, center work and floor exercise.
Instructor: Ms. Tan Ching Ting
- Graduated with a Diploma in Dance from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance Production from Purchase College, Conservatory of Dance in New York.
- Brings an all-rounded approach to her classes through her experience as an instructor, performer, producer and stage manager.
- 1100-1200 (Level 1 & Above)
- 1000-1100 (P1 – P3 Beginner)
- Cultivate your child’s love for artistic Oriental expression, learning and discipline.
- Develop your child’s penmanship by learning the art of Chinese calligraphy.
- Inculcate the virtues of perseverance and patience in your child through mental exercise that coordinates the mind and the body.
- Instil a relaxing yet highly disciplined exercise for your child’s physical and spiritual well being.
- Basic Pen writing
- Basic strokes of Chinese characters
- Practice the writing of Chinese poetry
- Writing of seal script, official script and regular script
- Fruits, Flowers and Vegetables painting
- Birds, fish, insects and pets painting
- Landscape painting
- Fine-brush painting in color and freehand style
Instructor: Ms. Kong Yin Ling
- An accomplished artist with more than 20 years of teaching experience.
- Graduate of the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
- Studied abroad at the China Academy of Fine Arts (Hangzhou).
- Bachelors of Art in Chinese Language and Literature from Beijing Normal University.
- 0830-1000 (Intermediate)
- 1000-1130 (Beginner)
- Develop students’ enthusiasm, appreciation and interest in the art of sketching.
- Inspire imagination and observation.
- Acquire the basic skills of sketching for new learners.
- Study the relationship between light and object representation methods.
- Learn about the coordination between objects and the background.
Instructor: Mr. Pan Bao Xing
- Graduate of the Shanghai Academy of Fine Arts.
- Author of several books on children’s painting.
- Exhibited many art projects locally and overseas.
- 1430-1600 (students will be grouped according to level)
Our teaching materials are tailored according to the MOE syllabus, and will train your child to be well-versed in the following aspects for all levels:
- Recognizing Chinese characters.
- Building a wide vocabulary.
- Enriching reading comprehension.
- Emphasizing oral expression.
- Improving their composition ability.
- Developing their interest in the Chinese Language.
- Raising the standard of their Chinese Language capabilities.
Instructor: Mdm. Lee
- Leads a team of experienced and dedicated teachers
- Organizes Chinese Enrichment Classes in other Primary schools like Mee Toh, Rivervale, Horizon and Greendale etc.
- P3: 0830 – 1000
- P2: 1000 – 1130
- P1: 1130 – 1300
- Develop a lifelong appreciation of guzheng music – one of the most ancient Chinese stringed instrument. It is an important solo instrument and is often used in accompaniments as well.
- Recruit new talent for the Nan Chiau Primary school team to compete in various performances and SYF competition.
- Basic instruction on guzheng techniques, performance, improvisation, ear training and basic music theory.
- The course curriculum follows the syllabus of the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, China.
- Includes NUS Chinese instrument grading examination for the advance level.
Instructor: Ms. Liu Siau Jeng
- Full time professional zither instructor with sound experience.
Time : Sunday
- 1000-1130 (SYF training class)
- 1130-1300 (P1 – P3 beginner)
- To encourage intuitive thinking and systematic reasoning, so that students can rely less on memorization of problem solving techniques.
- To instil in students a greater interest in Mathematics.
- To ensure that students grasp hold of good understanding and applications of the concepts embedded in the syllabus.
- Expose your child to a variety of innovative non-routine Math problems that aspire young minds for higher thinking skills.
- Materials covered are tailored according to the MOE syllabus.
- Regular term reviews, examination preparatory series and mock papers will be provided.
Instructor-in-charge: Mr. Nick Lu
- An educator who have organized many other Math Enrichment Programs in other schools.
- P3: 1000-1130
- P4: 1130-1300
- Covers MOE syllabus with enriching and interactive experiments for your child.
- Allows your child to better understand Science theories and concepts through enriching and interactive hands-on experiments.
- Prepares and builds up confidence in your child to handle science examination papers.
Teacher-in-charge: Tony Lim
- A passionate and dedicated educator with many years of teaching experience in lower and tertiary levels.
- Leads a team of teachers to motivate and provide your child with quality learning.
- P4: 0830-1000
- P5: 1000-1130
- P3, P6: 1130-1300
- Teach your child to understand the different aspects of the English language.
- Develop your child’s English skills through the appropriate and competent use of written and oral communication.
- Build up your child’s overall confidence in the mastery of English.
- Composition (To write two compositions in a month)
- Comprehension (Both Open-ended & MCQ)
- Grammar, Cloze (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension)
- Oral Communication
- Listening Comprehension
- CA1, SA1, CA2 and SA2practice
- Materials are tailored according to the new syllabus
Teacher-in-charge: Miss Yap Poh Hua
- Holds a Master’s degree in Journalism from Regent University, USA.
- Graduate Diploma in counseling from Tabor University, Perth, Australia.
- Author of the course syllabus for more than 20 years.
- P3, P5:0830-0945
- P1, P4: 1000-1115
- P2: 1130-1245
- P6: 1300-1415
- Help your child to achieve the highest standards of musical performance through a vigorous curriculum of technical and musical exercises.
- Certificate: England Royal Musical Grading Exam.
Instructor: Mr. James Wong Wee Kong
- Over 30 years of teaching experience.
- President of the Singapore Philharmonic Music Society.
- 0900-1000 (Level 1 & Above)
- 1000-1100 (Beginner)
- 1130-1200 (Level 1 & Above)
- 1200-1300 (Level 1 & Above)
Instructor: Mr Khew Chee Mun
- Completed music education in Paris, France.
- A full-time professional violin teacher
- Timing available upon request
- 30 minutes per class
- Foster accurate posture, defensive skills and martial morality (humility, courage and will) in your child.
- Recruit talents for the elite class to take part in National Wushu competition.
- Basic Chinese martial arts and martial exercises that suit your child’s physical growth.
- Develop your child’s martial arts form and Chinese weapon training to promote flexibility, balance and coordination.
Instructor: Ms. Xue Jun Hua
- Graduate of Beijing Physical Institute in Martial Arts.
- Winner of the broadsword, straight sword, , and cudgel championship in numerous China National martial arts competitions.
- Over 20 years of Wushu coaching experience.
- Has guided our elite class to winning numerous awards in National Wushu competition since 2009.
- 1230-1345 (P1-P3 beginner)
- 1115-1230 (P2-P3 level 1)
- 1000-1115 (P4-P6 level 2)
- Improve your child’s mental capability due to focus on less formula memorisation.
- Increase your child’s speed of response, memory and concentration power.
- Participation in the International 3G Abacus Grading Examination.
- 3G Abacus is widely recognised in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Turkey etc.
Teacher-in-Charge: Mdm. Chee Geok Hwa
- Founder and creator of 3G Abacus that incorporates revolutionary teaching methods.
- Certified lecturer/trainer/consultant with more than 18 years of Abacus Teaching experience.
- Organizer for International Abacus and Mental Arithmetic Grading Exam and Competition.
- 1000 – 1130 (Elementary)
- 1130 – 1300 (Elementary)
- 1000 – 1130 (Intermediate/Advanced)
- 0830 – 1000 (Post Advance)
To provide pupils with interactive platforms to learn creative writing in a variety of refreshing and engaging settings.
- Develop a Thematic Story using a wide range of interesting articles with illustrations and activities.
- Increase Vocabulary to expand the pupil’s word bank.
- Close Passages representing creative problems to stimulate the pupil’s thinking skills.
- Brainstorm Sessions for pupils to discuss and present their opinions about the characters, storyline etc.
- Comprehension whereby pupils answer questions, from direct quotes to inferred judgement, to enhance their understanding of various passages.
- Composition Writing to practise their writing skills with the resources supplied, while emphasizing on basic grammatical rules as well.
Teacher-in-charge: Mr. Nick Lu
Our experienced teachers are well-versed with the programme, and share a common passion: to excite students to read and write.
- P3: 0830 – 1000
- P4, P5: 1000-1130
- P2: 1130 – 1300